Expert help with your thesis editing, proofreading and academic writing
I have over 20 years experience as an academic editor specializing in the editing and proofreading of PhD theses in a wide range of academic fields.
I bring experience as a PhD supervisor and examiner, a tenured lecturer, and as a reviewer for the journal Applied Linguistics. I also have extensive experience working with English as a second language authors.
I offer a friendly, competitive, and professional service, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
I offer expertise in the following areas:
- Working with students for whom English is a second language
- Editing and proofreading
- Thesis editing and proofreading
- Journal submissions
- Editing to your university’s guidelines and the Australian Standards For Editing Practice
- PhD coaching
In addition to editing, I also offer a PhD coaching service (phdcoaching.com.au).
Let your thesis edit benefit from my Australian universities experience:
- Tenured lecturer and PhD supervisor and examiner, Department of Linguistics, Macquarie University, Sydney
- Postgraduate English and Academic Skills pilot program designer, Griffith University, Gold Coast
- Postgraduate Student Learning Advisor, RMIT University, Melbourne
My publications include books, book chapters, journal articles and conference proceedings.
I hold a BSc psychology (Hons) (London University), master’s in applied linguistics (TESOL) (Macquarie University), and a PhD in applied linguistics (Macquarie University). I am also currently enjoying studying a master’s in creative writing at Newcastle University.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, for doing such a patient and good work supporting me through the writing of my thesis and journal articles. I could achieve some publications of journal articles and book chapters and the International Award winner in Global Studies during my PhD candidate period. I can truly recommend Dr. McAndrew.”
Universities I’ve worked with include: